Pope Francis asks for prayers for 'Yolanda' victims
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA -- Pope Francis asked for prayers for the victims of typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines.
âI ask all of you to join me in prayer for the victims of typhoon 'Haiyan' (locally known as 'Yolanda') especially those in the beloved islands of the Philippines,â said the Pontiff in his Twitter account, @Pontifex on Saturday.
On Friday, super typhoon Yolanda battered the Visayas, leaving hundreds of people dead and injuring many others.
On the other hand, the Caritas Manila is asking the public for donations to help the victims of the storm, which is said to be the most powerful storm in recorded history.
âLet us share what we can to help Yolanda victims, give relief goods to Caritas Manila Damayan,â said Fr. Anton Pascual, Caritas Manila, executive director.
The social action arm of the Archdiocese of Manila explained that cash donations are used to buy contents for the family emergency relief pack, materials, and medicines for first-aid kits.
Aside from cash, Caritas Manila is also appealing for in-kind donations such as canned goods, beddings, linens, personal care and hygiene products, cleaning materials, among others.
Donors may bring their donations to Caritas Manila office at 2002 Jesus St. Pandacan, Manila; Radyo Veritas in West Avenue-Edsa Quezon City; or the nearest parish.
Cash donations may be deposited at Caritas Manila Inc. Peso Bank Accounts BPI #3063-5357-01, BDO #5600-45905, Unionbank #00-030-001227-5, PNB 10-856-660001-7, Metrobank 175-3-17506954-3.Â
- After 2-day strike and strike threat, union forges CBA at Korea-owned factory in Cavite ecozone 7 hours from now
- Asian stocks sag, dollar falls vs yen as Nikkei recoils 7 hours from now
- Globe says work on new underwater cable linking PH, US begins 6 hours from now
- World's oldest person dies in Japan a month after celebrating 117th birthday 6 hours from now
- Cop suffers heart attack, dies, after drug suspect he tried to arrest goes wild 6 hours from now
- Ayala Group pushes back timetable for Daang Hari-SLEX PPP project 6 hours from now
- Farmers, not UCPB, should have access to P71 billion coco levy fund - partylist lawmakers 6 hours from now
- Philippine borrows a third less in 2014 amid narrower budget gap 6 hours from now
- NO APRIL FOOL'S JOKE | LTO reminds new vehicle owners of no registration, no travel policy 5 hours from now
- Turkish Airlines launches direct Manila-Istanbul flights 5 hours from now
- 'Disaster emergency' as super typhoon churns through Micronesia 5 hours from now
- Migrant workers plead with Indonesia president Jokowi: Please spare life of Pinay drug mule 5 hours from now
- Tukalinapao footbridge in Mamasapano to be upgraded to concrete bridge within 6 months 4 hours from now
- Baldoz to OFWs in Yemen: Avail of mandatory repatriation 4 hours from now
- Brazil priest with conservative views suspended for nude selfie, faces ex-communication 3 hours from now