Pope Francis asks for prayers for 'Yolanda' victims
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA -- Pope Francis asked for prayers for the victims of typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines.
âI ask all of you to join me in prayer for the victims of typhoon 'Haiyan' (locally known as 'Yolanda') especially those in the beloved islands of the Philippines,â said the Pontiff in his Twitter account, @Pontifex on Saturday.
On Friday, super typhoon Yolanda battered the Visayas, leaving hundreds of people dead and injuring many others.
On the other hand, the Caritas Manila is asking the public for donations to help the victims of the storm, which is said to be the most powerful storm in recorded history.
âLet us share what we can to help Yolanda victims, give relief goods to Caritas Manila Damayan,â said Fr. Anton Pascual, Caritas Manila, executive director.
The social action arm of the Archdiocese of Manila explained that cash donations are used to buy contents for the family emergency relief pack, materials, and medicines for first-aid kits.
Aside from cash, Caritas Manila is also appealing for in-kind donations such as canned goods, beddings, linens, personal care and hygiene products, cleaning materials, among others.
Donors may bring their donations to Caritas Manila office at 2002 Jesus St. Pandacan, Manila; Radyo Veritas in West Avenue-Edsa Quezon City; or the nearest parish.
Cash donations may be deposited at Caritas Manila Inc. Peso Bank Accounts BPI #3063-5357-01, BDO #5600-45905, Unionbank #00-030-001227-5, PNB 10-856-660001-7, Metrobank 175-3-17506954-3.Â
- Mysterious plane wreckage sparks MH370 speculation 6 hours from now
- Residents of Kalayaan town in West Philippine Sea facing food shortage 5 hours from now
- Wealthy American dentist who killed Cecil the lion poached in US 4 hours from now
- India set to overtake China as world's most populous country by 2022: UN 4 hours from now
- Zimbabwe hunter granted bail over death of Cecil the lion 3 hours from now
- Shrinking Dead Sea leaves trail of perilous sinkholes 3 hours from now
- Taliban leader Mullah Omar is dead, Afghanistan says 2 hours from now
- Deworming tablet downs 228 schoolchildren in Zamboanga Peninsula 2 hours from now
- Turkey launches heaviest air strikes yet on Kurdish group 57 minutes from now
- Amnesty Intl finds ‘strong evidence' of Israeli war crimes in 2015 Gaza assault 4 minutes ago
- After PNoy skips FOI in SONA, Palace spokesman asks House to schedule bill for 2nd reading 23 minutes ago
- Turkey formally approves US use of air base for anti-IS raids - official 39 minutes ago
- Israel approves new homes in settlement after demolishing two buildings at site 54 minutes ago
- DOH to discontinue cervical cancer vaccination for Grade 4 students 1 hour ago
- CA grants salutatorian's appeal, orders school to issue her certificate of good moral character 2 hours ago