Pope Francis asks for prayers for 'Yolanda' victims
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA -- Pope Francis asked for prayers for the victims of typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines.
âI ask all of you to join me in prayer for the victims of typhoon 'Haiyan' (locally known as 'Yolanda') especially those in the beloved islands of the Philippines,â said the Pontiff in his Twitter account, @Pontifex on Saturday.
On Friday, super typhoon Yolanda battered the Visayas, leaving hundreds of people dead and injuring many others.
On the other hand, the Caritas Manila is asking the public for donations to help the victims of the storm, which is said to be the most powerful storm in recorded history.
âLet us share what we can to help Yolanda victims, give relief goods to Caritas Manila Damayan,â said Fr. Anton Pascual, Caritas Manila, executive director.
The social action arm of the Archdiocese of Manila explained that cash donations are used to buy contents for the family emergency relief pack, materials, and medicines for first-aid kits.
Aside from cash, Caritas Manila is also appealing for in-kind donations such as canned goods, beddings, linens, personal care and hygiene products, cleaning materials, among others.
Donors may bring their donations to Caritas Manila office at 2002 Jesus St. Pandacan, Manila; Radyo Veritas in West Avenue-Edsa Quezon City; or the nearest parish.
Cash donations may be deposited at Caritas Manila Inc. Peso Bank Accounts BPI #3063-5357-01, BDO #5600-45905, Unionbank #00-030-001227-5, PNB 10-856-660001-7, Metrobank 175-3-17506954-3.Â
- New Chinese security law opens door to tighter restrictions: UN 7 hours from now
- #WALANGPASOK | DepEd class suspensions for Wednesday, 8 July 2015, due to heavy rains 7 hours from now
- Expect more rains as Typhoon Falcon enters PAR: PAGASA 6 hours from now
- Thousands brave Andean downpours in Ecuador for papal Mass 5 hours from now
- GrabTaxi expanding GrabCar service to Cebu, Davao 3 hours from now
- Barclays expects Bangko Sentral to hike rates in fourth quarter 2 hours from now
- Energy Department orders distributors to penalize power plant operators for supply shortfall 2 hours from now
- 35 local bets in 2010 and 2013 face raps for campaign overspending 1 hour from now
- In turnaround, de Lima now says VP Binay cannot be prosecuted for acts as mayor 56 minutes from now
- At least three hurt in grenade explosion in Patikul Sulu - police 50 minutes from now
- Close contact of MERS patient tests negative 22 minutes from now
- Philippine stock index slips below 7,500-mark 7 minutes from now
- Chief Justice Sereno administers oath to new IBP officers 12 minutes ago
- Philippines' forex reserves inch up at close of first half 18 minutes ago
- 2 alleged communist rebels, 2 civilians on 'Most Wanted' list nabbed by govt teams - CIDG 36 minutes ago