Pope Francis asks for prayers for 'Yolanda' victims
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA -- Pope Francis asked for prayers for the victims of typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines.
âI ask all of you to join me in prayer for the victims of typhoon 'Haiyan' (locally known as 'Yolanda') especially those in the beloved islands of the Philippines,â said the Pontiff in his Twitter account, @Pontifex on Saturday.
On Friday, super typhoon Yolanda battered the Visayas, leaving hundreds of people dead and injuring many others.
On the other hand, the Caritas Manila is asking the public for donations to help the victims of the storm, which is said to be the most powerful storm in recorded history.
âLet us share what we can to help Yolanda victims, give relief goods to Caritas Manila Damayan,â said Fr. Anton Pascual, Caritas Manila, executive director.
The social action arm of the Archdiocese of Manila explained that cash donations are used to buy contents for the family emergency relief pack, materials, and medicines for first-aid kits.
Aside from cash, Caritas Manila is also appealing for in-kind donations such as canned goods, beddings, linens, personal care and hygiene products, cleaning materials, among others.
Donors may bring their donations to Caritas Manila office at 2002 Jesus St. Pandacan, Manila; Radyo Veritas in West Avenue-Edsa Quezon City; or the nearest parish.
Cash donations may be deposited at Caritas Manila Inc. Peso Bank Accounts BPI #3063-5357-01, BDO #5600-45905, Unionbank #00-030-001227-5, PNB 10-856-660001-7, Metrobank 175-3-17506954-3.Â
- Seaport cargo volume improves despite Manila ports congestion 8 hours from now
- 'CRUEL, BRUTAL' | Nanny stuffs 'noisy' baby in drawer then watches TV 7 hours from now
- France's Hollande goes to Guiuan, Eastern Samar for world to see how Haiyan devastated PH 7 hours from now
- Social Watch Philippines: Spending without accountability will not help Bangsamoro 6 hours from now
- In pursuit of peace, truth and justice 6 hours from now
- 3,000 more households added to Maguindanao IDPs 6 hours from now
- Macay defers sale of additional shares 5 hours from now
- Meralco buys into company that runs Pampanga electric coop 5 hours from now
- Thailand, Vietnam snag contracts to supply Philippines with rice 5 hours from now
- Palace denies PNoy managing flow of information on Mamasapano incident 5 hours from now
- First Pacific hikes stake in Roxas Holdings 5 hours from now
- 'WALANG PINIPILI' | ISIS terror all too real, say 50 repatriated OFWs from Libya 5 hours from now
- MAUNLAD PERO GUTOM | Amid soaring economy, UN exec urges PH to address widespread hunger 4 hours from now
- Money supply growth slips back to single digit at start of 2015 3 hours from now
- Public Works department releases terms for Cavite-Laguna Expressway rebid 3 hours from now